Monday, May 20, 2019

Musical glitches in NES Urban Champion!

TKO! No, this isn't punchout!
Kick, punch it's all in the might! (Except there's no actual kicking like a little girl)


I am surprised at the commission of Urban Champion from Gamecube Animal Crossing. I have a lot to talk about and cover in Gamecube Animal Crossing in the not-so distant future. I guess Nintendo didn't like it, they ran out of space to include it in the original N64 version, or they felt nineteen was a round number for collectible NES games. Perhaps Nintendo sisn't want a game about a city in Animal Crossing but that may not be true because they have items including an Office Wall and several types of paper showing cityscapes. Definite curious invoking.
Nintendo, however plastered the game onto five E-Reader cards which was quite nice. I'm still upset about the early discontinuation and support of the Game Boy Advance E-reader. I may elaborate why in a future article because I deem the criticism necessary. I am curious if the street brawlers will make an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.


Recently I found a musical glitch in Urban Champion. Nintendo's early sound driver fixed this is issue in other titles. I could go into great detail about how they work but that far outreaches the scope of this article. Another time. The music will glitch after looping 49 31h times.

Urban Champion (W) [!].nes
Round 3 music because it reminds me of Gary Coleman for some odd reason I can't explain. Does that sound weird? It is the thought this song my mind associates with so it is going to be known.












Disable title demo (also allows demo to continue until a victory. Victory animation does not progress.)
KESKXIVI

Music will glitch out after 2 loops (Round 2 music will cold stop without glitching; use with individual song selection codes.)
ZAXKPUYU

Title screen music modifier (The music will glitch after looping 49 31h times.)
Round 1
EENTAYZA

Round 2
EENTAYZA
ZVXKTVOO

Round 3
EENTAYZA
VKXKTVOP

Round intro
GENTAYZA

Next Round
AENTAYZE

Game Select
AONTAYZA

Round Start
AXNTAYZA

Victory
AKNTAYZA

Are you still punching and kicking like a little girl after reading this article? I know I am.

No comments: